G-coder sensor technologyFor detecting the movements of the ball joint of the Simball joystick
we developed a new sensor technology; G-coder sensors.
G-coder sensors enable true non-contact 3D measuring of movements and deformations of an object with only one sensor. The technology is “machine vision” based and has been developed and patented by G-coder Systems AB since 2005.
The unique elements;
- A dot pattern which is laser marked in the surface of the moving body
- Advanced analysis of the images from an optical sensor
G-coder sensor technology offers:
- Absolute measurement, no calibration is needed
- Ability to detect movements also on non-plane surfaces like shafts and spheres; for example the ball joint sphere in Simball joysticks
- High resolution
- Easy to embed
- Includes few moving parts
- Cost and size effective
G-coder sensor technology is available for other applications. Contact us with your ideas!